Thursday, April 23, 2015

Spring is here, I think...

Our weather has been crazy.  But, then, this is Southeast Missouri! We have had really warm days, really cold days and everything in between.  And, of course, thunderstorms and lots of showers.  I am pretty sure there have been more wet days than dry.  But, I have been inside with what we so lovingly call "The Crud".  After 7 weeks, I decided enough was enough and went to the doctor. Just finished up 10 days of antibiotics and they seem to have done the trick.
So, today I decided to check out the yard.  I wanted to see how my peonies are doing, they have been through so much...a long story I will save for another day.
The clematis have their first blooms on one of the vines. The other two vines have buds waiting to burst with color. Ignore the old windows and the wood, I have plans for those!
 The snowball bush and this other one (please help me with the name) are so pretty. 


And, the columbine and hosta's are coming along nicely.


Now for the sad part.  Keep in my this is the first time I have been out in the flowers this spring. Remember, the real reason for venturing out today was peonies.  Tell me if you can see them!!!
I have to say I was shocked.  I was expecting some weeds, but, not this jungle!!  Now to find the time and energy to tackle it when I really want to be creating and painting!!!
That's it for me today. Thanks for stopping by.

 

1 comment:

  1. I see the peony plants -- the weeds are sheltering them!

    ReplyDelete